Follow us



St. Mary’s, Sawley is a “tin tabernacle”.The building was a second hand structure ‘loaned’ by the parish of Heanor to Sawley in 1912 and officially gifted to Sawley in 2012.

In 2013 the structure was repaired and refurbished, including replacement of the asbestos-cement roof and installation of new heating and electrical systems, and in 2015 the new kitchen and store room extension was completed.

  • brochure-136
  • ease-1
  • ease-2